10 Things You'll Actually Want The Kids to Watch on Netflix
Ok, spending time indoors all day with kids is tricky. At some point parents and kids alike need a little restbite and TV can be just the tonic. But how do you agree on something you'll both love and isn't full of awful gender stereotypes but fun, empowered characters!
Don't worry we've got you covered... These are some of our faves on Netflix
1. The Ghibli Films
All of them are excellent but these are our favourites. Cousin Sky, Kiki’s Delivery Service and My Neighbour Totoro. We've excluded Spirited Away as some little ones find it a little scary.
2. Hilda - strong willed outdoors girl with an open mind who comes up against moving from the countryside to the city, while being surrounded by elves and giants and trolls
3. She-Ra - even better than the original
4. Arriety - It's essentially the Borrowers made by Studio Ghibli!
5. The Hollow - One for the older kids, The Hollow starts off in a room with three teenagers who don't know each other. They journey through a foreboding land and along the way learn skills they never had and build friendships.
6. Porcco Rosso - An ace fighter married to his sea plane defending the adriatic for the good and the great set in the inter war period, oh and he's a pig!
7. Avatar the Last AirBender - bringing together Anime and American cartoon the story follows Aang and his friends who must bring peace and harmony to the world. Combining classical and telekensis elements it's won many awards.
8. Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts [is an age 12 so don’t just out on without checking it’s suitable] - Kipo is 13 and is forced to flee her city. With her friends she searches for her father in a post-apocalyptic world.
9. True and the Rainbow Kingdom - True and her best friend Bartley the Cat show great empathy and problem solving skills as they use the magic powers to help people in the Magic Kingdom
10. And our personal fave Hey Dougee - never ever gets old and needs no explanation -WOOF!
I hope you find the list helpful - if you have any recommendations please do add below always keen to find new and exciting things to watch.
Author: Emma Watson is the owner of Little Hotdog Watson
Little Hotdog Watson is a kidswear brand with a difference. We make kids hats unlike any other by combining style + innovation. Our sun hats offer triple protection from UV, Mosquitoes and Overheating, while our winter hat are water resistant, reflective and extra cosy. Take a look here.
If you liked this blog on things to do inside you may like our recent blog post: 8 Tough Spot Ideas
Summer party tip for a kid's outdoors party packed with fun filled decorations, games + fun ideas.
Seven ways to get kids to keep their hat on.
All the reasons why children and babies should wear hats!