Celebrating with a Bang - Make Bonfire Night Safe, Stylish and Fun
No sooner has Halloween come and gone, we’ve got another excuse to celebrate - Fireworks night! There’s something really exciting about wrapping up warm, getting out with sparklers and seeing if you can find the biggest fireworks display nearby. Even if it is bitter cold... Here’s how to keep them warm and safe in LHW style this year:
Keeping them safe
- It is recommended not to give sparklers to children under five years old, and that you never hold a sparkler while holding a baby.
- Children should be supervised at all times when near a bonfire and anyone dealing with a bonfire or fireworks should avoid loose clothing and have their hair tied up.
- If your child is holding a sparkler, make sure they’re wearing gloves and hold at arm's length, away from their face.
- When a sparkler has finished, put it in a bucket of cold water before discarding.
- If your child is young and uncomfortable with loud sounds, invest in a pair of ear defenders to keep out the bangs and help boost their confidence. Take a look at Edz Kidz Ear Muffs.
Wrapping up warm
Bonfire night celebrations are notoriously chilly! Here are some stylish winter favourites perfect for keeping warm beneath the stars:
Knit Planet - Colourful snood scarf £28
How gorgeous is this colourful block colour and stripe snood from Knit Planet. Great for keeping active explorers warm without the potential tangles of a scarf.
Papu Black Kivi Wool Mittens £17.50
Keep little hands warm and protected with these chunky knit wool mittens from Papu made from 100% merino wool making them soft and sparkler safe. Much easier than trying to get wriggly fingers in gloves.
Our Space Bunny Arctic Cub kids winter hat - £24.99
Our Space Bunny print is the perfect match for fireworks night as they gaze up at the sky! Featuring our signature cub ears, wonderfully warm faux fur trim and clever winter smart design technology.
Rookie Kids Beanie £19.99
Our 100% cotton Knitted Beanie is another great choice. Knit in our popular monochrome Panda Pop print made to help them stand out from the crowds.
Bobo Choses Geometric padded anorak £150
We love this padded jacket from Bobo Choses. Fab colours and a quirky tailcoat cut.
Nordstorm Zella Metallic Hooded Jacket £57
If you’re a fan of metallics, this kids hooded jacket from Nordstorm will keep them warm and help them sparkle at this year’s winter celebrations.
Magical eats this bonfire night
How about these yummy edible sparklers! Dip breadsticks in melted chocolate then decorated with sprinkles and sugar stars before cooling.
Or these DIY rocket biscuit pops from Craft & Crumb make a brilliant bonfire night activity and treat. Everything you need is included in the pack for little bakers to get messy and make their own biscuit masterpieces.
To keep updated with more fun kids adventure ideas and style tips sign-up to our free Fresh Air Club and download your free adventure kit: https://www.littlehotdogwatson.com/pages/free
If you liked this blog you might also like: On Your Bike: Tips for a Fun, Safe Family Cycling Adventure in the UK.