6 Indoor Creative Activities For Kids
The queen of play ideas is Clare, PlayHooray and if you don’t have a pack of cards then defo check her out. But while you’re waiting for them to arrive I thought I’d share a few of our fave indoor crafts that are quick to set up and good longevity and we love to play
1. Recycling building - gather all your toilet rolls tubes, Amazon cardboard and any other plastics together. You’ll need glue, tape, scissors and pens to decorate. For older children let them go for it and give them a verbal challenge - can you build a castle or a rocket? For smaller children grab a few books to show them pictures as inspiration.
2. Recycling fairies /creatures: find all your left over bits and pieces and creative bits and make little people. Can even make a play with them after!
3. Bubble wrap printing - there’s going to be a lot of home deliveries make the most of it
4. Window art - using water and any thin paper (tissue paper) best create your own stain glass windows
5. Stone stories - together paint little stones you can even stick eyes and other things on them. Then like them up and see if you can make up a story to go with them
6. Collage images from any magazines, old books, newspapers and then paint on top to create your own image
If you have any other creative ideas please do share below so we can all help each other out.
Author: Emma Watson is the owner of Little Hotdog Watson
Little Hotdog Watson is a kidswear brand with a difference. We make kids hats unlike any other by combining style + innovation. Our sun hats offer triple protection from UV, Mosquitoes and Overheating, while our winter hat are water resistant, reflective and extra cosy. Take a look here.
If you liked this blog you may like our recent blog post: 8 Tough Spot Ideas